Announcing Project Grey Goose - Operation Poachers

I'm pleased to announce that the fourth Project Grey Goose investigation, commencing today, will target the very serious problem of domestic and international poaching of endangered species. I founded Project Grey Goose in August, 2008 as an experiment in crowd-sourcing an Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) effort whose goal was to investigate possible Russian government connections in the cyber attacks against Georgian government websites during the Russia Georgia war. Rather than focusing on hackers, this project will focus on criminals who are viciously taking the lives of rare and beautiful animals for body parts and profit; i.e. poachers. The problem is vast and growing, and it's my sincere hope that Project Grey Goose's unique international collaborative approach to OSINT will make an impact.

I'm particularly happy to announce that my co-manager for this project is Nada Bakos, a former CIA intelligence analyst and targeting officer. I can't imagine a more qualified person to help lead this effort than Nada and I'm excited to have her aboard to help this mission succeed.

If you have a passion for helping animals and doing something about the people that harm them, please contact me via email. Include a link to your LinkedIn profile or a recent copy of your CV. Internationally-based volunteers are welcome. Our first report will be issued in 45 days at the Suits and Spooks LA anti-conference. Follow us on Twitter (@ProjGreyGoose).

Comments